Every Preferred Vendor undergoes a thorough screening process to ensure that LIDA members receive the highest levels of service.
- All Preferred Vendors require a “sponsorship” by another valued LIDA member, advisory board member or preferred vendor.
- A Preferred Vendor must be or have a Long Island based company.
- A potential vendor must supply a minimum of 3 references from Long Island dining venues for consideration.
- 3 supplier references and 3 Customer references are also required to verify efficiency, fair pricing, reliability and quality.
- A preferred vendor should be a leader within their field and possess both care and knowledge of the food and hospitality industry.
- A sufficient staff with dedicated customer support is required.
- All of LIDA’s preferred vendors are expected to actively participate with local charities.
- The desire to work together as an alliance for the benefit of all parties involved is essential.
All preferred vendors receive additional screening throughout the time of their preferred vendor status. LIDA reserves the right to remove or replace a vendor if the quality of service does not meet the required standards of excellence